Difficult is never enough!

My photo
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
If dying over and over is something you enjoy (fondly) then this blog may be for you. I offer honest game reviews, news feed from my two explosive Youtube channels and a slice of my french thoughts (When my phoenix permits me, he's edgy sometimes...). Have a good read and enjoy your stay!

Ad by Chikita

January 14, 2011

Back to work, back to school, and two more stories.

Well, my vacation times are now over, and it was awesome, but it's back to this life of working routine. Thank god I have the internetz.

Well, the hardest part was the switch between day and night. I work night shifts, for those who doesn't know  (I'm a night watchmen in a residence for people who suffers from mental illness. Nothing dangerous, in fact they are semi-autonomous and most can take care of themselves). I did the switch in a 2 days period too, so it was kind of swift. I also had a lot of work to do yesterday, going from garbage cans without bags in them (and more than full, why the hell not) to floors so dirty they were brown. I understand, it's winter, there's a lot of slush everywhere. Still, it's clear that nobody cleaned the floor at all for nearly two weeks. I also found some...errr... remnants of a substance on some door knobs. Happy stuff like that, just like any first day-back-from-a-long-break.

Also, yesterday, I officially got back into school. Well, I paid for it. I'm starting January 31 with only one class which is called LITTERATURE  ET IMAGINAIRE and I definitely hate it. I failed it two times in a row and learned that music and anything else at the same time is not a good idea in college. So now, after more than three years of not going to school, I think it's time I repair the broken chips of my past. It'll surely feel all better after I fix these failures of my life...oh, and I'm not going back in music. I don't want to practice 5 hours each day for the rest of my life, so I'm going into writing :D

Aside from that, two little stories. Guess what my sister bought me for Christmas. She "hired" my best friend and they "helpfully forced me" into painting parts of my apartment. Me and my ex-girlfriend never found the time for this kind of project. The people who lived there had horrible tastes but I never bothered into doing this myself. Guess it was THAT pathetic if she had to "force" me.

Anyway, we did a great job, and I must say it was a great idea! My bedroom went from purple with yellow spots to two blue colors (blue sapphire and patch of blues, both dark colors but you can easil;y see the difference). Bathroom went from an unfinished pastel blue and white (ugh) to a black and white. The black part in only the door side, leaving three walls white. It's also not exactly black and white, but more about black and "soap" white. Yeah, it sounds weird, but once on the walls it's great! So thank you little sister and David!

Little story number two. Once back from Mont-Joli, my computer kept crashing over and over. I tried to fix it for several hours (between painting my rooms) and I tried a lot of things. Ultimately, I decided to open it and dismantle all of it, piece by piece.

Result: I will never underestimate the power of dust. It has magical properties.

There was so much of it I could remove chunks of it with my bare fingers. So I bought 2 compressed air cans and used both of them to do a clean job. Now my pc is all shiny, I had enough dust to do a ping-pong ball, and my pc is better than ever.

...Dust is our greatest enemy!

2 comments:

  1. so if you work in a mental asylum then that means your sanity is around there somewhere.....

    xD anyway good to see you had a lot to do during this break

    ReplyDelete
  2. lolololololol, a watchman???!!! no wonder .. :P

    ReplyDelete

Ad by Chikita