Difficult is never enough!

My photo
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
If dying over and over is something you enjoy (fondly) then this blog may be for you. I offer honest game reviews, news feed from my two explosive Youtube channels and a slice of my french thoughts (When my phoenix permits me, he's edgy sometimes...). Have a good read and enjoy your stay!

Ad by Chikita

December 29, 2010

Minecraft anyone?

Today is my last day of work before my holidays vacation time. Tomorrow morning, me and my family will go to Mont-Joli, near Rimouski. It's a little coastal town, to the North-East (from Montreal), and it'll take about 7 hours to get there. We're prepared though, so it won't feel that long, and I'll probably sleep anyway. We'll stop at Québec, visit my grandma, then we'll leave to our destination.

Anyway, this monday I got back into Minecraft. To inspect, you know, just a little 5 minutes to recall what I already did. Well, the sucker got 4 hours from me in one day! (XD)
It was relaxing, compared to the furious Meat Boy. I could work freely on some projects, notably getting rid of all the ugly stuff there is. Best example was the cobblestone remnant of the magma hill. In my halloween video, I tried to change all of it into obsidian. I only got one block  and leaved the rest there. 138 cobblestones blocks later, it's gone. The leaves withering is also fixed, so I went and broke all of the floating tree corpses.

There was also this weird mini-desert right in front of my keep. That was also a sore, so I built 30 stone shovels and removed it all. I was 2 shovels short, so I got a little over 2k blocks of sand. It wasn't hard, but it was tedious, so I enjoyed some music while hacking the blocks apart (I didn't record that. Doubt you would have liked it anyway). There was 12 iron ores at the bottom of it, SWEET! With the empty hole, I'm planning to do a lake. The sea isn't far, so I'm thinking about digging a tunnel from the sea to this hole, and see if it's gonna fill it (Trying to fool the game into thinking the ''lake'' will be a part of itself, generating infinite water cubes). I'm nearly sure it won't work somehow and will think of something if necessary. I WILL get my lake!

And maybe a waterfall with a secret entrance to the keep. We'll see...

I also finished my wheat farm. It's small, but functional, and is located to the right of my keep. Using one block of water, I placed it around 15 blocks higher than the farm itself and splitted the resulting stream into 9, feeding the 10 rows. I also staged the crops area, so every 5 blocks of crops, I go down by one block. I will expand everything at a later time, but for now  I have 9 times 10 blocks of crops growing. It should be enough. Oh, and the same water stream will be used to feed the reed farm, which will be lower, under the plateau beside the keep. Didn't worked on that though, it'll have to wait until I get back home.

talking of the plateau, which is a spider//creeper nest... I'll start by flattening the hell out of it, then planting trees and other plants. I'll probably make three gardening zones for trees (my wood soucre) and other plants like cactuses (is it even written like that?), flowers , mushrooms, etc. Most of these plants cannot generate more of themselves, so it'll be for cosmetics only. Before that, the keep needs renovations.

The keep itself is ugly, lame, and the portal inside is simply annoying, so i'll put it down and expand. The keep will become sort of a workshop//barracks emplacements and will features storage rooms, a trash incinerator with pretty brick walls, a locked entrance only accessible by me (or other players, if Vista let me :S), and some other cosmetic places that I will deal with later. Something like a dining room, living quarters, towers, a ''Big Boss office'' or just captain's room, or whatever, a side bridge to go on the plateau itself and probably a port. Oh, and sexy ramparts, why not. The portal whould be either on the highest tower or in a completely different building, just for the annoyances.

Oh, and I also discovered a new cave, which is gigantic. God damn swiss cheese all over again, it ain't over soon!

That pretty much covers everything I had to share for now. I will post another blog soon featuring the main points I should focus on. Your suggestions may get into toe list, so don't be shy! I'll record most of the result when I'll come back, and you'll see me working on the rest (in some music timelapse videos, probably. As if you'd like to hear me rambling for hours :D) We will also check the cave, and I still have to invent a code to get out easily. Last time, I had to build a shaft going straight up :S


Oh, please help this blog grow by clicking the ''like'' button, by sharing the blog, and commenting! I usually respond to your comments and questions and this little help from you is always appreciated. It's a big help!

Happy Holidays,

3 comments:

  1. ANZA!!!!!
    have you tried SMP yet?
    if no
    I have the most epic sever. EVER!
    i will give you a crap load of stuff and a holme in the cave of the Zubercables.

    -Flamereaper666

    ReplyDelete
  2. anza XD you could do the another tedious task to get your lake. =/ craft some iron buckets and besides doing the hole from the sea you could fill the empty spaces with water by bringing it with the buckets xD it will take a while but it can be done XD

    also if you are gonna try and make a multiplayer server you need to make a system to prevent greifers

    well XD happ holidays xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to be a part of this server :D

    ReplyDelete

Ad by Chikita