Difficult is never enough!

My photo
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
If dying over and over is something you enjoy (fondly) then this blog may be for you. I offer honest game reviews, news feed from my two explosive Youtube channels and a slice of my french thoughts (When my phoenix permits me, he's edgy sometimes...). Have a good read and enjoy your stay!

Ad by Chikita

December 26, 2010

Quebecois and winter...

It's always the same. I don't care about being a french canadian myself, it made Disney a lot more interesting. Just what they did to Maleficent is a nice touch. Sad for video games, which makes them worse except for those made by Ubisoft.(except A Link To The Past and X-Com: UFO Defense, I can't think of any quality translated game at all. And that's without counting the voices, which are generally horribles.), but now I'm bilingual, so it has it's uses. Books are usually better in french (in my own perspective, its easier to play with words, but I still prefer Harry Potter and Eragon in english. Their autors are geniuses).  We also accept other cultures in general and are open with foreign peoples and for me who loves the internetz, it's a really good point. However, there is something I'm not proud of my people: we are naĩve! We are in politics, we are with other people and we ESPECIALLY are with nature!


In here, we lived through winters for over 400 years. Still, today, we seem to forget there's gonna be snow at one point. It's honestly hylarious how people reacts to it, and it's even better if you don't have a car. I don't care about the cold weather and the snow, I actually like it. The government itself is distributing adds everywhere, on tv, in hospitals, in grocery stores, etc, and still people won't install their winter tires, or go buy a good pair or boots, or scarfs and gloves or anything else they should do. It's like they're waiting  for the blizzard to show up, just so they can rage at something. And when I say rage, I mean RAAAAAGE with 5 ''A'' so they can shout it at the sky itself!

Each year, it goes like this. Weathermans will predict a little bit of rain, it'll be a small snow dust. This should be a warning, but nope, not good enough for us. It'll be quiet and calm for a couple of days, and then BAM, 4 foot of snow overnight. It'll take everyone by surprise, everyone will be late, accidents everywhere, madness, etc etc etc. I'm telling you, it's hylariously retarded. Especially when I come back from work (I have to walk a bit), since I see people being angry at their own car, armed with their little snowbrush, literally fighting with the snow as if it was some sore of alien menace. Shouting, swearing, saying it's the fault of destiny//wife//kids//government//luck or whatever else they wanna cry about. Good times.

I could rage at my country, or even just at my province, for hours (especially on the politic side of it). This though... makes me happy. Will my people ever learn?

2 comments:

  1. xD it's funny how you talk so normaly about snow, here will happen the same if there was 4 foot of snow evry year xD because it never snows on my city.
    Probably because I live near the ocean (HURRAY for sea people :D) but anyway xD good thing that you are having fun. Like one frenchman said "All the problems of the world are funny to me, exept mines. Because I'm french"
    XD well happy holidays

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so understand you Anzariel, I'm a french canadien too and it's my fun to see other people rage at the snow every years. For me, I only hate snow when it covers my car when I get off work at 9.
    Anyway, you're so right about the winter tires, people always wait to the last minute to install them. There were so many accidents this year in my town because of that.

    ReplyDelete

Ad by Chikita