Difficult is never enough!

My photo
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
If dying over and over is something you enjoy (fondly) then this blog may be for you. I offer honest game reviews, news feed from my two explosive Youtube channels and a slice of my french thoughts (When my phoenix permits me, he's edgy sometimes...). Have a good read and enjoy your stay!

Ad by Chikita

November 2, 2011

Sequelitis = Super Genius *despite it's little flaws*

Allright, title is clear and I suppose you guys can read english, bla bla bla Egoraptor is a fuckin' genius and stuff.

Done. There you go. Moving on.

I already knew Egoraptor was more than a funneh guy on Newgrounds. Sure, he made a lot of shorts which made fun of video games in general. Everyone remembers the dick joke in the megaman one. lol. But even then, he was pointing out flaws or funny things about game design in general. He was simply making fun of it, making it super obvious, and even if your eyes didn't see all of it right away your brain did. In my case, I was hoping he would do something...more. Something like a...series where he shows why this game is well made so that....players could stop treating CoD and stuff like that as if it was Godly and....and...

BAM SEQUELITIS IN MAH FACE!!!!!

I nerdgasm'd really hard.

Why am I talking about this? Because when I did my Desktop Adventures I showed that Sequelitis episode 1 was in my *watch later* list. And I guess you viewers scratched your non-frenchy skulls about why I never talked about it. Well there. I'm talking about it now. Happy? You better!


See, I never really considered the path towards video game making. Never seriously, at least. It is definitely something I would enjoy, but learning about codes and...remembering codes and doing stuff about coding...it just makes me crazy. My printer is dead now because I couldn't understand it so you can imagine how NOT of a comp wizard I am. RIP printer.

However I am interested in concept, character and story development (and music, but that's something else). I'm quite passionated about these elements in-game and Egoraptor must feel the same. In both Sequelitis episodes he talks about concept and character and player progression is such a way it made my brain tingle. I actually took notes. Really, there's a noteclip somewhere filled with key elements in his videos and I must say, I agree to nearly everything he said. Wait....*nearly*

TEHN I AM NOT A RREEEEEEAAAAAL FAN OF HIM I GUE -- Seriously people thinking like that are derps.

I obviously have some conflicting opinions about both his videos. Nothing serious or anything dramatic. I agree that Castlevania: Simon's Quest is retarded and I agree that Megaman X is an excellent title. On this, no objections at all.

I do however have two complaints. I shall list them and let all the Ego-fans rage at me just because they can. And I shall eat pop-corn, smiling at your pure divine tears XD

1: In the first Sequelitis episode (Castlevania vs Castlevania 2) at exactly 13:10 in the video, Ego say that Castlevania 2 sucked really bad, but the more recent Castlevania that uses RPG elements had unreal scores. This is due to developers using game design that complements the *shity boringness*. I must say, I somewhat disagree with that. See, anyone watching me playing knows that I love to *crank up* the difficulty. If there ain't any option for it, then I handicap myself. I never felt like grinding in any Castlevania game ever. I usually just go through the game and too bad if my main weapon is a butter knife, cuz Dracula will taste ALL of it! Oh sure, I die. That's what I want though, learning by doing mistakes. And since the more recent Castlevania games are offering me to do just that instead of taking hits but having enough HP to just walk it off, then I think they're worthy of their scores. Most of the bosses are awesome to fight, especially if you do not have 20 more levels than you are supposed to have, and the story *can* also be good. It's hit or miss really...

2: In the second Sequelitis (Megaman vs Megaman X), It was nothing but praise. Once again, I understand and I agree with everything he said in it. Everything. ALL OF IT!!!
His job (or goal) was to make people understand how MemaganX isn't a downgrade from it's classic NES counterpart and to make people realise how modern gaming treats us like babies. Retarded babies at that. And he accomplished this perfectly. But he didn't mentionned any of the bad points in Megaman X. For example:
-Screen scrolling, allowing enemies you just killed for the one hundred time to reappear again.
-The last levels (fortress, castle, whatever you wanna name them) overly relying on wall jumping (which really. REALLY makes the first point annoying).

If he would have mentionned these for 10 seconds and just said *but the game has so much to offer, players will forgive these little tiny mistakes* and just moved on, I wouldn't write on it. maybe he just didn't think or cared about it. Oh well. Whatever. Both of his Sequelitis episodes are amazing, and I cannot wait for the next ones. Oh, and I lol'd at ALL the kids who were begging for a Megaman vs Megaman X where it would be negative and where Egoraptor would make fun of Megaman X and stuff and then they see the video in their sub box and then they get faceslapped by megaman X being praised...I laugh at your sadness :D

1 comment:

Ad by Chikita