Difficult is never enough!

My photo
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
If dying over and over is something you enjoy (fondly) then this blog may be for you. I offer honest game reviews, news feed from my two explosive Youtube channels and a slice of my french thoughts (When my phoenix permits me, he's edgy sometimes...). Have a good read and enjoy your stay!

Ad by Chikita

September 20, 2011

First Part of Dead Island LP Blocked by X Media Digital

Oh boy...

This stuff happened to my LP of Bioshock. My old viewers (really old viewers) remember what happened. Part 2, 25 and another part were entirely blocked for a little segment of two seconds featured in a trailer, or in the case of the second part, the music was blocked. In the end I had to remove these parts alltogether without being able to fight back.

So...This is happening with Dead Island all over again. However this time it's happening with a company that doesn't have anything to do with the development or publishing of the game (or not that I know of). The way I see it after some personal research, X Media Digital is blocking a lot of youtubers for a whole lot of different games, most notably dead island but also Call of Juarez and some more games. Apparently, this company make trailers. What happens is that if your let's play contains a part that is in their trailer, it will be taken down.

As ridiculous as it seems, I have no power against that. I possess no rights over Dead Island and even under the law of fair use, if they do not agree with my fair use of their content I'm screwed.

Now...don't go hating on their game yet. There is some ways to fix that. I could place an annotation in the following parts (for example, if part 1 is blocked, I'll place one at the beginning of part 2). It could explain what happened in the previous part. I could also keep all the parts of the let's play and, if something like this happens again, make a *short version* of the video. Probably 5 minutes long. Would be hard to do because we keep a good pace, but I'll see what I can do.

Thanks to the people warning me about this block and thank you for your patience and your time. I really appreciate it. The rest of our let's play is still available (for how long?) so go enjoy these parts instead. See you next time for hopefully better news.

1 comment:

  1. That is bullshizzzz, X Media can go suck Fireh - Birdy's left nut

    ReplyDelete

Ad by Chikita