Difficult is never enough!

My photo
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
If dying over and over is something you enjoy (fondly) then this blog may be for you. I offer honest game reviews, news feed from my two explosive Youtube channels and a slice of my french thoughts (When my phoenix permits me, he's edgy sometimes...). Have a good read and enjoy your stay!

Ad by Chikita

September 26, 2011

ilCannibal did it again

Name is ringing a bell? It should! IlCannibal is the maker of Dead City, a mod map we already went through (and we loved every bit of it!).

Well, he did it again in Left Behind, a L4D2 mod map filled  with action, chaos and fire. It is a 3 map campaign MADE for versus, and it is screaming to be played. I obviously had to test it (alone) and I am not disappoint at all. So...why am I writing this? Could this means I am gonna showcase this map in versus with many players while we die over and over again for your simple pleasure? Who knows!

Now, of course, it isn't perfect. Nothing is. I already talked to ilcannibal about some problems, as did many players, and he update his new campaign as often as he can. None of the problems are dramatic enough to worry about them, but there is some balancing issues and story nit-picking. All things considered, I give Left Behind a whooping 9 out of 10, bugs and problems included, just because it kicks ass. Now, I didn't finished it (only played part one, I do not wanna spoil the ending), but the first map is quite incredible. It contains two panic events and both of them gave me a *oh snap* moment. It also had a detailed environment with numerous obstacles and corners, meaning the infected team will have plenty of time and space to plan ahead. Also includes treacherous areas and deadly dead-ends, but also multiple paths to take, and I felt rewarded for exploring despite these spitters just waiting for me to go in these GOD DAMN DEAD ENDS!!!

In short, another mod map with friends coming soon, filled with fails and ownage and insanely satisfying moments. Thanks for the read, subscribe (I told you I was gonna use that Blogger more often) and see you soon!

1 comment:

Ad by Chikita