Difficult is never enough!

My photo
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
If dying over and over is something you enjoy (fondly) then this blog may be for you. I offer honest game reviews, news feed from my two explosive Youtube channels and a slice of my french thoughts (When my phoenix permits me, he's edgy sometimes...). Have a good read and enjoy your stay!

Ad by Chikita

September 29, 2011

Minecraft Server: Bad News From The Phoenix Realms

So...Did some testing with the server, tried different things like giving more RAM to the server, closing everything else (even the antivirus), doing extended cleaning of my pc...nothing works. The server is still a lag-fest, even for me.

So I then decide to re-install everything. Maybe there is a corrupted file, says I. I start the server again while forgeting to specify the good world name, so the server generates a new world entirely.

*Meh, might as well try it, we never know*. Guess what! It works perfectly! Not a single lag spike or whatever else. Even better, the game runs at 60 fps, full screen. So I go check just how heavy the Phoenix Realms really is.

A whooping 500 mb (and some dust)...

Holy muffin. Someone went exploring XD

So our fear is alive, The Phoenix Realms is simply too big of a world to run on my PC which is sad. It still runs fine in singleplayer, which is at least convenient, but it is completely dead on multiplayer, which leaves us two options:

We can either start a new server entirely, which could be nice. We wouldn't have to explore miles away to see all the new stuff, that's a plus. On the other hand we *lose* everything we already did. Which is a bummer.

Or, I can try to host the server on a site. The bad news is that this is costly, and I do not have that kind of money with me. The more memory you want to give it, the more it will cost ya. Also, I have no idea if the size of a world plays in the balance. I guess I could try it for a few days (most sites give a free demo) and tell you guys how it went.

Well, that's it for now. If you do not mind a new game, then I guess we could start a new server once the adventure update launch (and I mean all of it DX). Leave some comments saying if you're up for a new game or not and I'll see what I can do.

See ya next time!

4 comments:

  1. Ummm... Yeah.... About the guy who went exploring... I kinda walked for 20 minutes (at least) to find 1.8... Ask urue... He saw me there... So, sorry for ruining the server for everyone...
    Also, new server sounds good! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, my minecraft name is BigGamer13

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great,how could you find that,thank you for your sharing,
    cookie monster minecraft skin

    ReplyDelete

Ad by Chikita